modem priority

Hi all.
I'm getting confusing results when setting modem priorities.  Our server
has 9 modems, and in the config files /var/spool/fax/etc/config.tty#,
I've placed an individual 'ModemPriority:  ###' statement, as follows:
for tty5, /var/spool/fax/etc/config.tty5, which I want to have the highest
priority:
ModemPriority:	200
for tty6,
ModemPriority:	180
etc. up to the last port, tty15, /var/spool/fax/etc/config.tty15
ModemPriority:	20

This is intended for outbound faxes only (almost all our faxes are such)
I restarted faxq, and I even restarted each faxgetty process (though as I
stated, we don't receive many faxes on these lines), and the scheduler
'kind-of' follows the priority I've set, but not exactly.  tty5,6 do seem
to have the highest priority, but then followed by tty11, and tty15
(which should have the lowest).  I'm a bit stumped here.  Is there some
other magic going on?  Any insight about similar battles fought is
appreciated.  Thanks, Dave Lewis

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions