Re: Comm failure during phase B/C

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> I recently wrote:
>
> > The system is a Linux (2.0.29, Caldera distribution) in which
> > receiving faxes work perfectly. Sending always results in the same
> > error: "Communications failure during Phase B/C".
> >
> > If I try to send to another system with (a well-working) HylaFAX,
> > it (the receiver) sends a "facsimile not received" notice that
> >
> > "An attempt to receive facsimile on ttyXX failed because: COMREC received DCN"
>
> I have since been able to pin the problem down a little better. The
> sending works fine on COM2 (/dev/cua1 on Linux). I experienced my
> problems above with 'intelligent' serial ports (in this case, Computone).
								^^^^^^^^^
That's probably your problem. I have a customer with Computone running
VsiFax. I had to move them to a COM port to get it to work reliably.

I've had good results with Equinox on UnixWare and Cyclade on SCO.

Have you tried "ClocalAsRoot:  yes"?

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim@trr.metro.net

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions