Okay, so it was a FAQ...

	In my earlier post, I asked about making HylaFax work with tip.
Afterwards, I consulted the FAQ and came away feeling much embarrassed,
but not at all enlightened.

	Once again: server is OSF 4.0, Hylafax 4.0pl1.

Quoting from the FAQ:

>...First verify that your data communication software is configured to use
>the correct modem initialization strings
	They do.

> and that both HylaFAX
> and the program(s) in question are using the same device name.
	They are.

	To clarify, tip works. Tip works very well. So does HylaFax. My
problem, specifically, is that getty recognizes the lock file and obeys
it... for about 30 seconds. Then, as the modem is in the midst of
dialing, getty calmly declares the UUCP lock file 'stale' and blows it away,
grabbing control of the modem back from 'tip'. And I cannot for the life of
me find the place in the config files where that 30-second default resides...

	Thanks in advance for any help you might offer,

	--Elliot

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions