Re: Two off the wall questions

On a normal day, we send out around 2000 faxes.  On Some days, we sound out
as much as 8000 faxes.

When we get past that 2000 mark, Hylafax really starts to bog down.  It
still sends OK, but submitting new faxes take longer and longer and longer.
We have thrown money at hardware to make it work faster, but it still causes
us grief when the queue gets full.  We think that the root of the problem,
is that Hylafax does directory scans each time it needs information, instead
of keeping a state file.

Anyway, to help eleviate the problem, I want to set up a seperate queue for
our marketing people to use.  That way when they are sending out gobs of
faxes, it won't effect the general user so much.

We have a dedicated system just for running Hylafax 4pl1:

AMD K6 200 MHz running RedHat Linux 4.1
Comtrol Rocketport PCI serial card driving 7 multitech fax modems.

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Steve Williams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is no "easy" way to do it.  I can imagine that you would end
> up beating yourself up over it.
>
> Maybe if you describe what you are trying to accomplish, there is another
> way that it could be resolved.  There are many powerful features that
> lots of people are not aware of.
>
> Good Luck,

Thanks,

John
--

+--+  ==  |  John Patrick Poet          Blue Sky Tours
|  |      |  System Admin/programmer    10832 Prospect Ave., N.E.
|     +---+  john@BlueSkyTours.COM      Albuquerque, N.M. 87112
|     |      Ph. 505 293 9462           Fx. 505 293 6902

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions