Re: Can HylaFax use terminal server like Xylogics?

According to Thomas A. Szybist:

>.  Since
>much of T.30 protocol is implemented by class 2 and 2.0 modems,
>these may work better.

Indeed they do.

>The second problem is all the termios call that HylaFAX makes.
>Xylogics as far as I know two mechanisms for associating a
>device file to a terminal server port.  The first is rtelnet.
>rtelnet will not work.  If you try to set such things as parity
>or baud rate with rtelnet devices, it will simply fail.

Ummm rtelnet _does_ work.  You don't need to set the baud or parity
rate via an ioctl - you set up the the terminal server port to the
correct numbers and leave it at that.  This does assume that the modem
is civilised enough to have the same DTE rate for both data & fax.
The only tricky bit is resetting the modem - HylaFAX uses the DTR to
do this, you cannot do this with the Xylogics (aka Annex) without
linking in their library and using their calls to do it.  For the
limited tests that I did I found that not reseting the modem did not
cause me any grief - my testing was only done on outgoing calls,
incoming calls were not being picked up I am not sure why.

  What do you get when you cross a cantaloup with a dog?        Melancholy :-P

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions