Re: Microsoft. Office doc. -> ps ?

I found the best method to be the following: (And its free ;)
1. Add to your Worddocuments a line in the Text that includes
   the string 'FAX:<faxno>'. To make it invisible you can use the
   colour white and put it in the first page header. You can than
   add a makro where you can enter the faxno.
2. Print the doc (makro?) to a PS-Printer (use the AST-driver) called
   hylafax or something.
3. On the unix machine you add a printer hylafax that's just a
   interface script to HylaFAX' sendfax. (use sed or awk to get
   the 'FAX:faxno' or any add. parameter you want to use)
4. Export the printer to the net and install them on the clients.
   We use Samba, BTW.

Guenther Koegebehn
sdmgk@sdmag.com

Lap Yip... <lychow@hkucs.org>:
>hello,
>
>I want to use hylafax + apache to set up a web based fax server,
>but can't find a unix based software that can convert microsoft
>office document to postscript format.
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks!
>Boris