Re: HylaFAX Documentation

Hi everyone:

On Jun 5,  9:57pm, raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu wrote:
> Fernande, some of *have* created such notes. Take a look at
> http://cirl.harvard.edu/~raoul/INSTALL-sunos4.1.x-v4.0pl1.php for
> my latest notes. That web documentation is based on Matthias's
> Solaris notes, which reside at ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/binary/
>-- End of excerpt from raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu

   I guess I was not completely clear in my mail. What I wanted to point out
where two things:

   1) Even though there is a "lot" of documentation where you can go and get
      your answers, HylaFAX lacks of a _simple_ bullet-proof installation
      procedure that provides help for "all" users.
      I think that Linux users are the most affected given the nature of the
      configuration of the different distributions.

   2) The location of that information is not 100% reachable. When you tell me
      to go to http://www.doc.com/a_lot_of_info, that does not necessarily
      mean that I am gonna get it. Right now, I don't have a dialup service
      at home. Therefore, I have to wait until I go to work to browse for info.
      If the distribution had a simple installation guide with the most common
      problems for the most sensitive platforms, that would be very helpful for
      a lot of people.

   Once again, the fact that I am asking does not mean that I am gonna get. :-)

   Thanks,

	Gabriel

--
| Gabriel Fernandez     |                                        |

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions