Re: Automating faxes

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Ian Senior wrote:

> Hi David
>
> It's good to see someone else in Victoria using this product.

Likewise...

> By default Hylafax runs a notify script when faxes fail which e-mails
> the user. You can replace this script with your own if you like.

Yes, this I have worked out. Unfortunately it does not help me greatly
however. The best I can do is use this script to call another program to
read the file in /doneq that relates to the job number, and from this I
should be able to get the name of the postscript file in /docq that failed
and then finally send that file to the appropriate remote printer.

This brings me to another point, slightly off topic - sorry!. I use LINUX
and so want to use Ghostscript to send a ps file to a remote printer
(HP laser jet 4 plus). Prob is if a print it through lpr it prints
gibberish and secondly ghostscript wont exit from the GS> prompt without
manual intervention, I'm using the -DNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE and -OutputFile
commands, why won't this work?

Dave.
| David Batterham, Traralgon Sth, VIC 3844, Australia                |
| Phone:    Voice: +61 +51 955 479  Data/FAX: +61 +51 955 556        |
| FIDONET:  3:632/321, 3:632/25     RIPNET:   154:451/0, 154:451/110 |
| INTERNET: dkbat1@giaec.cc.monash.edu.au (prefered)                 |
|           davebat@melbourne.dialix.oz.au                           |