Re: Automating faxes

At 09:59 AM 29/01/97 -1000, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have developed a system to send faxes from a purchase orders system
>using hylaFAX as the engine.
>
>At the moment I am calling sendfax from a C program to send faxes. I need
>a way of telling whether these faxes were successfull or not, ie, a return
>code or something. I would like to avoid pulling lines out of logs etc if
>possible. Ideally I want to be able to determine that a fax has failed
>miserably and send the fax or the original unconverted text file to a
>remote printer, so the user can determine the problem and retry or fax the
>order manually.

Hmmm, I have a customer who will need the same. Why not use the flag to
sendfax that forces notify to run whether the job fax was OK or not, and
modify notify to call a command of yours that tells you?

>Any help and ideas appreciated...
>
>Catch Ya,
>Dave.
>+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| David Batterham, Traralgon Sth, VIC 3844, Australia                |
>|                                                                    |
>| Phone:    Voice: +61 +51 955 479  Data/FAX: +61 +51 955 556        |
>| FIDONET:  3:632/321, 3:632/25     RIPNET:   154:451/0, 154:451/110 |
>| INTERNET: dkbat1@giaec.cc.monash.edu.au (prefered)                 |
>|           davebat@melbourne.dialix.oz.au                           |

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080, WWW: http://www.ns.aus.com
NS is an OS-neutral, equal-HTTP-server opportunity employer!

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions