Re: CLARIFICATION: Help with timing issues

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, David A. De Graaf wrote:

> Ivan Kohler wrote:
> >
> > At 08:33 AM 1/26/97 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > >
> > >BTW: If you have looked through all of the documentation did you
> > >notice that the spelling is ``HylaFAX'' and not HYLAFAX and also not
> > >hylafax or anything else?
> >
> > Hello matthias,
> >
> > While I and others appriciate you taking the time to answer questions about
> > HylaFAX (yes, I spelled and capitialized it correctly)... does it really
> > matter?
> >

> Yes, it does matter.
>
> Sloppy spelling and sloppy grammar connote sloppy thinking.
> Written email enables you to express your problem clearly and
> succinctly.  If you won't take the trouble to do so, why should you
> expect others to wade through your gratuitous errors to help you?
>
> In an international forum like this there will be inevitable linguistic
> errors to be allowed for, but the spelling of HylaFAX has no
> nationalistic impediment.
>
> BTW, I too "appreciate" Matthias' helpful replies and his correctly
> "capitalized" writing.
>
> --
> 	Dave De Graaf,  Internet: degraaf@digitel.net
> 	DATIX, Inc.	voice: (803) 785-3136	fax: (803) 785-3156

I would agree - it does matter.  The difference is in the details.  Sounds
like an advertisement, but someone has to try to perform to a higher
standard, otherwise we will continue in a "death" spiral until we will no
longer remember how to spell correctly, or the basic rules of grammar.

Pardon my typographical errors! ;-)

Al Hopper  Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX.  al@logical-approach.com
           (972)-379-2133 or (972)-849-5765. Fax 972-379-2134

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions