DIDOS!

Damn Im Dumb Or Something!

I can not for the life of me, and after 2 days get HylaFAX working
the way I want, and I can't figure it out!

The important stuff :

Linux 2.0.28
HylaFAX 4.0PL1
Hayes OPTIMA 28.8 V.34V.FC + Fax
Diald 0.15.2

Now I can autoconnect to my ISP with Diald - Ok
    I can fax out - Ok
    I receive faxes - Ok
    I can dial into my network - BBBZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The OPTIMA is only a Class 1 Fax/Modem.  I realize that may cause
problems.  But as I sit here - dazed and confused - I have tried
about every combo of getty and Rotation and Adaptive As - I better
stop there!

I have tried "fax data" and "data fax".  I have tried AT+FCLASS=0;A
nad AT+FCLASS=1;A but it seems it always drops int FAX CONNECTION
and then if I swap the config it will come up data but won't connect.
(I thought that was GOOD 8-/ ) But then it won't switch to Fax if it
isn't a data connect!

Anybody out there who can give me a clue???

I mean, the out going faxes look great, the incomming faxes look great,
Diald works great.  Now all I have to do is get data working and I can
do remote administration with one modem!  It's gotta WORK!

Whew - do I feel better.  Really, I need some help.

BC

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions