Re: Comtrol RocketPort?

I don't know how that particular product works, but I have HylaFAX running
three modems off an Sun SPC card with no problems.  If the Comtrol
RocketPort is a similar product in that the ports become regular
/dev/tty{whatever} serial devices, it should probably be fine.

At 11:14 AM 1/30/97 -0700, John Patrick Poet wrote:

>We are thinking about throwing a Comtrol RocketPort in a pc running Linux,
>and having Hylafax drive about 8 faxmodems off of it.
>
>I know Hylafax has problems driving modems off of some terminal servers, but
>it should have a better time with a rig like this.
>
>Has anyone tried anything like this?
>
>Thanks for any input,
>
>John
>--

>+--+  ==  |  John Patrick Poet          Blue Sky Tours
>|  |      |  System Admin/programmer    10832 Prospect Ave., N.E.
>|     +---+  john@BlueSkyTours.COM      Albuquerque, N.M. 87112
>|     |      Ph. 505 293 9462           Fx. 505 293 6902

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions