Re: [hylafax-users] Archiving sent fax documents

On Mon 03 Jan 2011 06:05:32 NZDT +1300, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

> Hylafax already has archiving capabilities, they aren't configured to
> run by default, you must make a few minor changes.
>
> Start with a little bit of reading: to get you started, the word
> "archive" appears in the following hylafax man pages:

Running grep on the man pages doesn't help:

> 	faxqclean

By the time it runs, the sent TIFF file is already deleted.

> 	faxstat

Will tell the contents of the archive directory with -a. ls will do that
too, and ls is also as useful in archiving hylafax's TIFF file.

> 	hfaxd

Tells the directory where archived jobs are placed. (one can guess
pretty well with ls $HYLAFAXDIR)

> 	hylafax-server

Tells me that archived jobs are archived in the archive directory, but
not how to do it, or when.

> 	sendfax

Tells me that bin/archive does the archiving. Comments in bin/archive
say it's called by cron via faxqclean - by then the TIFF image is
already deleted.

> 	sendq

All that's mentioned relates to faxqclean, when it's already too late.

As you see, no answer to the problem/question - your reply of "RTFM" is
not helpful. Did you by chance not read the question, which was about
how to archive the TIFF image generated by hylafax, and not about the PS
file, which is admirably archived by faxqclean.

Thanks,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann