Re: [hylafax-users] Archiving sent fax documents

Volker Kuhlmann typed (on Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 03:09:00PM +1300):
| I would like to archive the user-submitted file as well as the TIFF file
| created by hylafax when sending faxes. Handling the former is easy
| because it turns up in docq/ and can be copied/renamed by hooking a
| script into NotifyCMD. (Or any other method. Btw the archive.py script
| mentioned in the handbook(?) is offline).
|
| However I'd like to store the TIFF file (docq/xx.xx;c1) as well, because
| it tells me whether the document is legible for the recipient (text
| size, image quality, ...).
|
| What is the best mechanism to hook into for doing this? And how do I
| reliably determine this file's name (entry fax:... in the job control
| file)?

Hylafax already has archiving capabilities, they aren't configured to
run by default, you must make a few minor changes.

Start with a little bit of reading: to get you started, the word
"archive" appears in the following hylafax man pages:

	faxqclean
	faxstat
	hfaxd
	hylafax-server