Re: [hylafax-users] Updating HylaFax, moving old doneq files to new doneq

Keith wrote:

I’ve recently updated from an old HylaFax (around 4.1 I believe) to the new 6.0.5. There was an issue between where the spooling directory was between the 2 (the old one used /var/spool/fax, and the new one uses /var/spool/hylafax). Now I want to move all the old jobs from the old directory to the new. We’ve moved all the old directories over.

The faxes now get assigned a jobID from where the old left off (10,000 or something), but NONE of the old faxes appear in faxstat, however the few test faxes we did (numbers 1-6) now have the data of the old faxes.

How can I get the old faxes to appear in faxstat?

There were two times that the format of the fax identification TIFF tags were modified in HylaFAX releases following the 4.1 release so many years ago. I did those modifications, and I did attempt to make things backwards-compatible with old .tif fax files. So it should be working if you had just copied the .tif files to the new recvq directory.

If you're talking about outbound jobs... then I can't remember what changes could have altered things there.

If you send me some sample files from your system which aren't showing up from 'faxstat' then I'll gladly take a look.

Thanks,