Re: [hylafax-users] Instead of mailing received faxes can I put them on a folder?

Enrique Arredondo typed (on Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 04:36:47PM -0600):

| On 12/17/2010 4:23 PM, Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:
| >Enrique Arredondo typed (on Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 03:53:24PM -0600):
| >| Hi I currently use FaxDispatch to email a received fax  pdf file to
| >| someone, Can I save this pdf somewhere else instead of emailing it ?
| >|
| >|
| >| Here's my FaxDispatch script:
| >|
| >|	FILETYPE=pdf;
| >|
| >|	case "$DEVICE" in
| >|	ttyACM3) SENDTO=yada@xxxxxxxx;;
| >|	esac
| >
| >I use smail here, and I can set an smail alias that appends yada's
| >incoming mail to a designated file:
| >
| >	yada "|cat>>  /some/path/to/file"

oof! sorry! Appending two pdf files together is not a good idea.

| >Whether such aliases work in other MTAs is beyond my ken.
| >
| >A program like 'deliver' or 'procmail' can also divert a user's
| >incoming email to a file.
| >
| JP,
|
| if I do that then I would have create a script to scan that
| /some/path/to/file and extract the pdf file which I think will be a
| part of the email message in BASE64 format and then convert it to
| pdf right ?

extract pdf and convert to pdf ??  What are you really trying to say?

But back up, what are you really trying to do? With or without
FaxDispatch's instructions to do something with an incoming fax,
each incoming fax is already being saved as an individual .tif file
in ../spool/hylafax/recvq.  If you need it in a different file and
different format, just parse that directory from time to time and
symlink or move or convert each new entry to wherever & whatever you
want. Or maybe just have the faxrcvd script, invoked for every incoming
fax, amended to do what you want.

--
JP