Re: [hylafax-users] Upgrading to 5.3 on Debian

Hi,

Il giorno mer, 06/10/2010 alle 11.32 -0400, Sean Murdock ha scritto:
> Hello-
>
> When upgrading a 2.4 version to 5.3, I get the following message:
>
> hylafax conflicts with hylafax-client
> hylafax-client (version 2:4.4.4-7) is present and installed.
> dpkg: error processing hylafax_5.3.0-1_i386.deb (--install):
> conflicting packages - not installing hylafax
> hylafax_5.3.0-1_i386.deb

You are mixing official Debian hylafax packages 4.4.4-7 with unofficial
hylafax+ packages 5.3.0-1. Please note that hylafax+ is a different
product than hylafax. If you just need a more recent version of Debian
hylafax, you may get 6.0.3 from lenny backports, or you may upgrade from
Debian lenny to Debian squeeze.

If you need hylafax+ for features that are missing in hylafax, I cannot
help you now, but I may let you know that future versions of Debian will
have both hylafax and hylafax+, as separated packages. Please note that
upgrade path from one package to the other one are not supported.
Hylafax+ packages will not be provided until Debian squeeze release, so
at least, not before January 2011.

Bye,
Giuseppe