Re: [hylafax-users] how to remove a modem from Hylafax 4.4, Ubuntu server 8.04?

I understand the concept you outline but having a problem with the mechanics.
I must not understand something, those directory paths do not exist in my system:

Does $SPOOL/etc   =  /var/spool/hylafax/etc ??

$SPOOL/ = ? I have no clue where to find the FIFO.devid  file

Does $SPOOL/status = /var/spool/hylafax/status  ??

What is the difference between /etc/hylafax directories and, /var/spool/hylafax ?

Removing a modem seems to require a fair amount of knowledge about the OS and underlying directory structure....why isn't there a 'rmmodem' command?

-J

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:31 PM, John Hudak <jjhudak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After reading through all of the hylafax documentation, I could not find out
> how to cleanly remove (e.g. deinstall) a modem from Hylafax.
>
> After combing through the mail archives, I pieced together this procedure:
> 1) If hylafax is running, stop running faxgetty on the modem to be removed
> by finding out the PID and killing the process
> 2) delete the corresponding config (e.g config.ttySx for serial line modems
> or config.ttyACMx for usb modems) file in /var/spool/hylafax/etc
> 3) delete the  corresponding file (e.g config.ttySx for serial line modems
> or config.ttyACMx for usb modems) from /var/spool/hylafax/status
>

> Is this the correct procedure?

There are 3 files per device that HylaFAX (faxgetty/faxsend) use per device:
  $SPOOL/etc/config.<devid>
  $SPOOL/FIFO.<devid>
  $SPOOL/status/<devid>

So once you've taken care of removing faxgetty for the device (and
making sure faxq knows it's gone, and making sure it won't get
restarted by init/etc. ), just remove the 3 files.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             Create like a god,
aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions