[hylafax-users] how to remove a modem from Hylafax 4.4, Ubuntu server 8.04?

After reading through all of the hylafax documentation, I could not find out how to cleanly remove (e.g. deinstall) a modem from Hylafax.

After combing through the mail archives, I pieced together this procedure:
1) If hylafax is running, stop running faxgetty on the modem to be removed by finding out the PID and killing the process
2) delete the corresponding config (e.g config.ttySx for serial line modems or config.ttyACMx for usb modems) file in /var/spool/hylafax/etc
3) delete the  corresponding file (e.g config.ttySx for serial line modems or config.ttyACMx for usb modems) from /var/spool/hylafax/status

Is this the correct procedure?

Thanks