Re: [hylafax-users] Stand alone server

>> install debian minimal, then
>> # apt-get install hylafax-server

So I've installed debian but I have some questions.

1: After installing the above along with iaxmodem, I still don't see any /dev/ttyIAX0 devices. Am I supposed to create them manually, or am I missing something, or does creating the /etc/iaxmodem devices do this, perhaps with a symlink or something?
Can't seem to get enough clear info on this.

2: Do I need to have asterisk installed on the server because I've been asking if it's possible to build this without asterisk.
I use a PRI to SIP gateway to route incoming faxes to the right server so for the most part, I don't need incoming, only outgoing but in a multi-tenant type setup where each person can have their own outgoing letterhead, etc.