Re: [hylafax-users] Stand alone server

I believe what you are looking for is something like PBX in a Flash (http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/Asterisk/) except for non-asterisk PBX.  I did a quick search for non-asterisk based voip/pbx/telephony packages (e.g. proprietary products) and associated installers that would have a chance of being integrated with hylafax.  I did not find any-doesn't mean there arn't any out there.  I did find a few hylafax+asterisk + other stuff pre-built packages and even some resellers who apparently took the open source applications, packaged them and are selling them.

I did find out that the three largest commercial PBX are Cisco, Avaya, and Nortel.  My thinking is the one that would have the highest probability of having an installer that would be capable of rolling in some open source applications would be Avaya (given their Bell Labs/Lucent heritage). I did not do any investigation about these.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 7:32 PM, mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:54:50 -0500, Chris Weiss wrote:
> many distro's have packages in their repo's which will speed up your
> installing, but most of the config is specific to your modems and
> phone lines so it really can't be generically canned on a livecd.

I know how to install everything from scratch on an asterisk server.
What I'm asking about is if there is a non asterisk based, stand alone, ISO based installer :).
I'm not worried about having to configure after the install, just wonder if there's a quicker install method.