Re: [hylafax-users] Stand alone server

Il giorno gio, 21/10/2010 alle 20.04 -0500, mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx ha
scritto:
> Basically, what I'm really looking for is a simpler way of maintaining
> a hylafax/avantfax server that doesn't end up broken because of
> asterisk updates which, happens too often :).

For _stable_ servers I choose Debian. You get software that usually
rocks, and you never get problem with security updates, since they are
always limited on minimal patches.
If you need newer software, you may get it from backports.

Anyway, Debian is trying to release the new version, called squeeze,
before the end of year, so you might get a stable version with all
recent software. More info on next release date are available at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/10/msg00008.php

Bye,
Giuseppe