Re: [hylafax-users] Asterisk+iaxmodem+Hylafax: Failure to receive silence (synchronization failure).

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 08:30:37PM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> Matias Rollan wrote:
> >I am trying to make iaxmodem+asterisk+hylafax to work together without
> >success, I get the error below and when calling from the PSTN the call is
> >not even answered (it keeps ringing till it ends) but in the asterisk side
> >I can see how the call is answered through the iax channel:
> >
> >ivr-virtual-101*CLI>
> >    -- Executing [011NNNNNNNN@entrantes:1] Answer("SIP/1.2.3.4-0a096a70",
> >    "") in new stack
> >    -- Executing [011NNNNNNNN@entrantes:2] Dial("SIP/1.2.3.4-0a096a70",
> >    "IAX2/125/011NNNNNNNN|15|r") in new stack
>

> I see SIP and not PSTN.  Please read:
>
> http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/fax-over-voip.pdf

Yes, it is true but I have the following scenario where the only SIP connection is between two legs that are in a local network with no jitter/latency and G.711:

 -- SS7 --> Cisco ---> SIP --> Asterisk

"Cisco" and "Asterisk" are on the same local network and I am aware of the problems with faxing over IP. Right now I am using app_rxfax as an Asterisk module but wanted to switch to Hylafax.

What could it be the problem of not getting the call answer on the originator leg but seeing how asterisk generated the Dial() to IAXModem and hylafax picked up the call ?
The originator leg (when calling from the PSTN to 011NNNNNNNN) keeps ringing till it hungs up.

I should be able to get some faxes (even if the receiving is not 100% error free) or even get the fax signal with this scenario right?

Thanks in advance!

--
Matias