Re: [hylafax-users] Stand alone server

Thanks also for the input John.

> I did find a few hylafax+asterisk + other stuff
> pre-built packages and even some resellers who apparently took the open
> source applications, packaged them and are selling them.

Let me see if I can explain myself better.
For years, I've been building trixbox and elastix based asterisk servers, then installing hylafax then avantfax onto them.
Though I'm no pro at it, I am able to get them built and working.

However, sometimes, I just need a fax server but still find myself having to build a full asterisk box in order to make it happen.
In searching, I've come across all sorts of threads where users are talking about having built hylafax servers without the asterisk portion of it.
In other words, they would have their virtual modems and everything else just as if asterisk were in the mix but it's not.
At one point, I decided that I would give it a try but ended up wonderfully lost in confusion when trying to get the virtual modems to work. So I started searching to see if I could find an ISO perhaps, of such a server, that might already have the basics running which I could follow on.

Does that better explain?