Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and Atmail

why not just implement email to fax and fax to email?  you can get
some level of job control by attaching a script to the job status
email sender address, so users can just reply with "cancel" to have a
failing job cancel.

Also look into AvantFax, it's also PHP and you might be able to learn
from or reuse some of their code.