Re: [hylafax-users] windows7 x64

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:23 PM, A J Stiles
<hylafax_resp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 Sep 2010, Charles Raimbault wrote:
>
>> We are trying multiple printers ps, we have trouble it won't print into ps
>> a document.
>>
>> Do you any recommendation for windows7 X64 bit.
>
> I recommend to trash it and install Ubuntu instead  :-)
>
> (Seriously:  What you need to do is, install a driver for a PostScript
> printer, then print to a file.  This file will be PostScript.  If you can't
> find a "generic postscript" printer driver anywhere, then the Apple
> Laserwriter series are PostScript printers.)
>
> --
> AJS
> (Originating address does not accept e-mail.  Insert a figure "one" before the
> at sign if replying off-list.)

Apart from the port monitor for whfx and winprinthtlafax not
installing on Windows 7 X64, another issue appears to be that
Microsoft pulled the Apple drivers from Windows7 & the rest of the
bundled ones don't produce "good" enough PostScript output for hylafax
:-(

I've looked at YajHFC as a replacement, but from my first impressions,
it will mean a significant increase in user management, as unlike
winprinthylafax that we currently use, its a "full" client instead of
a "print only" client...