Re: [hylafax-users] Document conversion using typerules

After some trial and error I found out that FaxModify is not exactly the best place to put document conversion scripts.
First of all when I submit a fax job through an external client the job description file records the associated documents as
data:0::docq/doc181.ps.118
rather than
postscript:0::docq/...
This means that the original document is not recognised as any of the native hylafax formats. (Notice that issuing Form PS command prior to submission does not change anything.)
Now what happens is that none of the ps2fax, tiff2fax or pdf2fax scripts are called and hence etc/FaxModify never gets called either.

Could you explain how hylafax verifies submitted documents and if there is a hook to inject my conversion script in the early stages of processing jobs?