Re: [hylafax-users] Clients and Hylafax 6.0.4

Hi Andre,

Am 10.08.2010 15:01, schrieb Andre Truter:
> Hallo,
>
> I have a client who has been using hylafax with YajHFC for a number of
> years now.  The client connects to hylafax on port 4559 and the user can
> send faxes and also see a list of recieved faxes.
>
> Recently we started to upgrade his machines to openSUSE 11.3 and this
> ships with hylafax 6.0.4 which dropped support for the client
> connections.
>
> We would like to use Hylafax v 6.x as it should solve the
> Landscape/Portrait problem when sending a fax, but how can we use the
> client with the new hylafax?
>
> Or what alternatives are there to the client?
>
> Thanks
It seems that there are problems with the hylafax daemon (hfaxd) under
SuSE 11.3. It won't start here, and i can't find the reason why. My
solution was downgrade to version 4.4.4 (shipped with SuSE 11.2). After
i did this everything runs fine again. I think it's a distribution problem.

Greetz
Roman