Re: [hylafax-users] Recipient Not Receiving Fax

Yong Tze-Howe wrote:
--- On Tue, 8/10/10, Lee Howard <lee.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The session log indicated that the receiver signaled MCF
but the intended recipients did not receive them? What
is the destination to which you are sending these batches of
faxes? Are the faxes really being sent in batches
(multiple fax jobs in one call)?

I'm not sure I get this. Does the string below indicate that the receiver acknowledges that it received the MCF signal?

Aug 09 15:47:50.96: [ 2851]: SEND recv MCF (message confirmation)
Aug 09 15:47:50.96: [ 2851]: <-- [9:AT+FRS=7\r]
Aug 09 15:47:51.13: [ 2851]: --> [2:OK]

This "SEND recv MCF" means that the fax send process received an MCF (message confirmation) signal from the receiver.

Start by showing us a session log where the recipient did
not get the fax.

Sorry about that. Here's the log files. The recipients did not receive fax from the 1st send job for the numbers in the log.

I looked through each session log that you provided. In those session logs each page of each session was confirmed as received with an MCF signal by the receiver. In my experience this is conclusive. I've not seen Panasonic or Canon fax machines (which the receivers are) signal MCF without printing out the page.

Thanks,

Lee.

-- *Lee Howard* *Mainpine, Inc. Software Development Lead* Tel: +1 866 363 6680 | Fax: +1 360 462 8160 lee.howard@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com