Re: [hylafax-users] Connection time reporting

Peter Verhoeven wrote:
We're seeing a significant inconsistency between the connection times reported by Hylafax and those stated on our phone provider account.

This is to be expected. HylaFAX can't possibly know the connection time with the degree of accuracy that the phone switches can. There can often be several seconds' difference.

This appears to be the case because Hylafax connection times are only recorded for successful calls. Is this correct? And if so, is there anyway to obtain total connection times regardless of fax success?

With HylaFAX+ you should be using FaxAccounting for accounting information and not the notify script.

i.e. some calls are answered by a human (not a fax machine), so these fail as a fax job, but we are still paying for these calls, and would like to reconcile this against our bill.

Yep, FaxAccounting will be your friend.

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/xferfaxlog.php

Thanks,