[hylafax-users] updating hylafax server (need recommendations)

Hi,

Been using a Dell 2650, RHEL3 and two Multimodem serial modems for quite a few years. It has a RAID that has been spinning disks for coming up to 11 years!! I am updating and have not kept up-to-date with Hylafax at all - sorry (have a day job now unfortunately :-|)

I have to build a new server based of Dual or Quad core (Intel or AMD) and Unbuntu 10.04 LTS. There's no way to get onboard serial ports anymore it seems (or limiting choices) so can anyone suggest a cheap two or four DB9 serial port PCI card that will work with Hylafax that comes with Unbuntu packager? Is choosing 32 or 64 bit OS a factor with either the card or the Hylafax drivers?

My app is running in tomcat (java 1.5) and uses a 5 year old copy of Gnu hylafax client and lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter. Pretty clunky - especially the Gnu stuff (socket problems). I've been searching for better options and see the same old names but they look untouched for a while. What are people using? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions