Re: [hylafax-users] What driver version should I use for Patton 2977 / linux 2.6 kernel

Brent Butler wrote:
Lee thanks, you are an amazing resource.

Can you think of a way I could tell if the latest technology release
from Patton includes those fax fixes? Say, some AT command I could
send that would indicate the fixes are or are not there?

I'm sure it's apparent in some ATI response, but I can't remember what it was.

From what I recall the old firmware wouldn't work hardly at all in Class 1. So if it doesn't work in Class 1 hardly at all then I'd assume you have the old firmware.

Also, I have been using the 2977 in Class 2 mode with a 2.4 kernel for
some time. I send and receive but mostly send these days (a few
hundred faxes a day) and get a handful of delivery errors a day. I
never knew if those were because of the 2977 or if the faxes on the
other end were the problem and/or IP in the network etc. What I am
asking is, how bad do you remember the Class 2 driver to be?

I didn't use Class 2.

Thanks,