[hylafax-users] What driver version should I use for Patton 2977 / linux 2.6 kernel

I have checked the archives and read that fax support using original
Digi drivers is broken completely for Class 1 and somewhat broken for
Class 2 on the Digi/Patton 2977 cards.  Is this still true of the most
recent driver releases which include support for Linux 2.6 kernels??

I also read in the archives that Patton fixed fax support soon after
acquiring the 2977 line but that you have to request from them the fax
firmware as this is not in their one-line release.  Still true??

Patton has a stable version dgdm-1.05-1 but that is listed as only
supporting kernels to 2.4.

They have a 'technology release' dated 10/26/2007 for CentOS4.4 single
server (i.e. a 2.6 kernel based driver).  Does anybody know if this
driver has those 'fax fixes' in it or do I have to try to pry
something out of Patton?  So far calls to tech support have gotten me
nowhere.

I really need to build a fax server around a 2.6 kernel (CentOS 4.x
would be fine, 5.x better), and have the 2977 cards so really really
want to use them.

I appreciate any help in advance.

Brent Butler