Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax sends faxes with bad quality

> Hi I am having a problem with hylafax server, when i send a pdf or a jpg
> file to a fax, the quality of the file is very poor can you help me please
> thanks

There are a number of things that can be going wrong here, the least
likely of which is HylaFAX itself (although this is certainly possible.)

First, your expectation of how good a jpg or pdf image actually looks when
faxed might be unrealistic.  FAXes are low resolution, black and white
(not greyscale) and they're pretty much never going to look as good as
high resolution color images.

Which brings me to my second point:  conversion.  Something has to convert
your images from their full-color, high resolution glory into something
that's actually faxable.  You don't mention what this is (note:  it's not
hylafax), but there's a distinct possibility that whatever you're using is
just bad at it.  Since each pixel becomes "black" or "white" it's possible
that a highly nuanced image is converted to a completely black smudge
before faxing.