Re: [hylafax-users] Yet another instance of "No response to PPS repeated 3 times"

Eliran Itzhak wrote:
I'm using USR modems, and mainly happy with the setup, But I get "No response to PPS repeated 3 times" with some of the numbers I'm trying to send a fax to.
Seems like a common problem with Hylafax and USR modems, and searching and following 3 result pages with google, I wasn't able to make it better.

USR modems have firmware problems. This cannot be resolved by the software fax application, and so other applications besides HylaFAX will also run into the same trouble.

What I just found out is that i WAS able to send a fax to some of these number before I upgraded to hylafax-5.1.8-1.i386. The version I was using before the upgrade might have been hylafax-5.1.8-1fc4.i386.rpm

Anyway, I've made some tests today, and looked at my logs, Numbers I used to send a fax to are now giving me "No response to PPS repeated 3 times".

You'd have to show the two different logs to help us understand what you're seeing.

I don't know what possible code changes there could have been between 5.1.8-1 and 5.1.8-1fc4... to me they look like the same code but just built differently.

Thanks,