Re: [hylafax-users] Numerous NO CARRIER errors

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:02:15 -0500
Daniel Bourque <dbourque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why do your logs show a @ at the end of the dial string ?

It tells the modem to differentiate between NO CARRIER, and NO ANSWER.  It doesn't have any other effect.

> also, is the pause required ?

Not having the pause was an early suspect.  It hasn't made any difference.

> what happens if your dial string is ATDT916309612168 instead of
> ATDT9,16309612168@  ?

Same problem.

> if you set the voleme to high when configuring the modem with
> faxaddmodem , do you hear negotiation tones when dialing ?

I've done this once or twice, and it appears to negotiate just fine.  But, those may have happened to go through without problems.  What, per chance, would I be listening for?