[hylafax-users] newbie ISDN fun

Hi,

I've searched through the lists, and through the rest of the web, and although I'm sure that this must have come up before, I'm getting more of a noise to signal ratio that the other way around.

My aim to to have inbound fax to internal email for approx 15 numbers. As I'd rather not have 15 modems and we have several free BRI ports on our phone system I'm trying the ISDN route.

I've done a clean build of Ubuntu 9.04 on x86 with a Eicon Diva Server 2BRI (just 2 channels) card. I installed the prereqs to install the Dialogic Linux service release, and HylaFAX 6.0.2 from source. The install of the Dialogic service release threw up no errors, as did the HylaFAX one, which continued post install into faxsetup and faxaddmodem

I used this page on the Dialogic site to configure the two channels in Hylafax, the only difference being the telephone numbers.

If I run faxstat -i I get

HylaFAX version 6.0.2 built Thu Jul  2 18:41:52 BST 2009 for i686-pc-linux-gnu
root

HylaFAX scheduler on hfax-1: Running

However inbound calls are not received and I get an ISDN reject on the switch :-(

If I run "tty_test 1 s auto" and then dial the assigned number, the call is correctly answered, and if I do "tty_test 1 <extension> mdm" my phone rings, so I'm fairly sure that the ISDN configuration is correct :-)

I'm guessing that I've missed out an essential part of the HylaFAX install process, probably one that to anyone else would be obvious, but I've now spent three days trying (and failing) to get anywhere.

Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated.

Cheers

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions