Re: [hylafax-users] Freebsd USB Modem Setup

Can you talk to the modems with AT commands (using, for example, the equivalent of minicom or cu)?

Thanks,

Lee.

Bowman, Mark wrote:

I am running Freebsd 7.0, and Hylafax 4.3.4. I currently have 2 USR modems running on cuad0 and cuad1 and these work fine.

When I run subdevs –a 2 –v

I get the following

Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Belkin Components(0x0109), Belkin USB PDA Adapter(0x050d), rev 1.02
Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Belkin Components(0x0109), Belkin USB PDA Adapter(0x050d), rev 1.02
Controller /dev/usb2:
addr 2: high speed, power 360 mA, config 2, USB Modem(0x0303), U.S.Robotics(0x0baf), rev 2.00

When I run faxaddmodem agaist usb0, usb1, or usb2, I get the below.

CountryCode: 1

AreaCode: 415

FAXNumber: +1.999.555.1212

LongDistancePrefix: 1

InternationalPrefix: 011

DialStringRules: etc/dialrules

SessionTracing: 11

RingsBeforeAnswer: 1

SpeakerVolume: off

GettyArgs: "-h %l dx_%s"

LocalIdentifier: "NothingSetup"

TagLineFont: etc/lutRS18.pcf

TagLineFormat: "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"

MaxRecvPages: 25

Are these ok [yes]?

Now we are going to probe the tty port to figure out the type

of modem that is attached. This takes a few seconds, so be patient.

Note that if you do not have the modem cabled to the port, or the

modem is turned off, this may hang (just go and cable up the modem

or turn it on, or whatever).

Probing for best speed to talk to modem:

Unable to deduce DTE-DCE speed; check that you are using the

correct device and/or that your modem is setup properly. If

all else fails, try the -s option to lock the speed.

*How do I get these setup?*

*Mark Bowman*

/I.T. Manager /

/Gannett Directories/