Re: [hylafax-users] Can't Cancel Fax Job

Lee, I followed your directions and got rid of the pending fax. I'm now having other troubles.

On account of operator error, I had to reinstall my Intrepid operating system. I re-installed the Linuxant driver for my internal fax/modem - which worked fine prior to the re-install of Intrepid. And, there were no errors in the setup. I ran faxsetup and there were no errors. When I ran addfaxmodem, everything seemed to work fine until the end when the following message was presented in the terminal window:

john@john-desktop:~$ sudo faxsetup

Setup program for HylaFAX (tm) 4.4.4.

Created for i686-pc-linux-gnu on Sun May  4 11:49:03 UTC 2008.

Found base64 encoder: /usr/bin/base64
Found Quoted-Printable encoder: qp-encode
Looks like /usr/bin/base64 supports base64 encoding.
Found mimencode for compatibilty: mimencode
Checking system for proper server configuration.

Warning: /etc/hylafax/getty-link does not exist or is not an executable program!

The file:

    /etc/hylafax/getty-link

does not exist or this file is not an executable program.  The
HylaFAX software optionally uses this program and the fact that
it does not exist on the system is not a fatal error.  If the
program resides in a different location and you do not want to
install a symbolic link for /etc/hylafax/getty-link that points to your program
then you must reconfigure and rebuild HylaFAX from source code.

Warning: /etc/hylafax/vgetty-link does not exist or is not an executable program!

The file:

    /etc/hylafax/vgetty-link

does not exist or this file is not an executable program.  The
HylaFAX software optionally uses this program and the fact that
it does not exist on the system is not a fatal error.  If the
program resides in a different location and you do not want to
install a symbolic link for /etc/hylafax/vgetty-link that points to your program
then you must reconfigure and rebuild HylaFAX from source code.

Warning: /etc/hylafax/egetty-link does not exist or is not an executable program!

The file:

    /etc/hylafax/egetty-link

does not exist or this file is not an executable program.  The
HylaFAX software optionally uses this program and the fact that
it does not exist on the system is not a fatal error.  If the
program resides in a different location and you do not want to
install a symbolic link for /etc/hylafax/egetty-link that points to your program
then you must reconfigure and rebuild HylaFAX from source code.

Make /var/spool/hylafax/bin/ps2fax a link to /var/spool/hylafax/bin/ps2fax.gs.

Make /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pdf2fax a link to /var/spool/hylafax/bin/pdf2fax.gs.

Update /var/spool/hylafax/status/any.info.

    HylaFAX configuration parameters are:

    [1] Init script starts faxq:        yes
    [2] Init script starts hfaxd        yes
    [3] Start old protocol:            no
    [4] Start paging protocol:        no
Are these ok [yes]?

Modem support functions written to /var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.modem.
Configuration parameters written to /var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.cache.

Restarting HylaFAX server processes.

You do not appear to have any modems configured for use.  Modems are
configured for use with HylaFAX with the faxaddmodem(8) command.
Do you want to run faxaddmodem to configure a modem [yes]?
Serial port that modem is connected to [ttyS0]? ttySHSF0 [Note: this is the address reported by the Linuxant driver software]

Ok, time to setup a configuration file for the modem.  The manual
page config(5) may be useful during this process.  Also be aware
that at any time you can safely interrupt this procedure.

Reading scheduler config file /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.

No existing configuration, let's do this from scratch.

Country code [1]?
Area code [415]? 816
Phone number of fax modem [+1.999.555.1212]? +[withheld]
Local identification string (for TSI/CIG) ["NothingSetup"]? +[withheld]
Long distance dialing prefix [1]?
International dialing prefix [011]?
Dial string rules file (relative to /var/spool/hylafax) [etc/dialrules]?
Tracing during normal server operation [1]?
Tracing during send and receive sessions [11]?
Protection mode for received facsimile [0600]? 0644
Protection mode for session logs [0600]? 0644
Protection mode for ttySHSF0 [0600]? 0666
Rings to wait before answering [1]? 2
Modem speaker volume [off]? high
Command line arguments to getty program ["-h %l dx_%s"]?
Pathname of TSI access control list file (relative to /var/spool/hylafax) [""]?
Pathname of Caller-ID access control list file (relative to /var/spool/hylafax) [""]?
Tag line font file (relative to /var/spool/hylafax) [etc/lutRS18.pcf]?
Tag line format string ["From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"]?
Time before purging a stale UUCP lock file (secs) [30]?
Hold UUCP lockfile during inbound data calls [Yes]?
Hold UUCP lockfile during inbound voice calls [Yes]?
Percent good lines to accept during copy quality checking [95]?
Max consecutive bad lines to accept during copy quality checking [5]? 3
Max number of pages to accept in a received facsimile [25]? 100
Syslog facility name for ServerTracing messages [daemon]?
Set UID to 0 to manipulate CLOCAL [""]?
Use available priority job scheduling mechanism [""]?

The non-default server configuration parameters are:

CountryCode:        1
AreaCode:        816
FAXNumber:        +[withheld]
LongDistancePrefix:    1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:    etc/dialrules
SessionTracing:        11
RecvFileMode:        0644
LogFileMode:        0644
DeviceMode:        0666
RingsBeforeAnswer:    2
SpeakerVolume:        high
GettyArgs:        "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:    [withheld]
TagLineFont:        etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:        "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxConsecutiveBadLines:    3
MaxRecvPages:        100

Are these ok [yes]?

Now we are going to probe the tty port to figure out the type
of modem that is attached.  This takes a few seconds, so be patient.
Note that if you do not have the modem cabled to the port, or the
modem is turned off, this may hang (just go and cable up the modem
or turn it on, or whatever).

Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.

About fax classes:

The difference between fax classes has to do with how HylaFAX interacts
with the modem and the fax protocol features that are used when sending
or receiving faxes.  One class isn't inherently better than another;
however, one probably will suit a user's needs better than others.

Class 1 relies on HylaFAX to perform the bulk of the fax protocol.
Class 2 relies on the modem to perform the bulk of the fax protocol.
Class 2.0 is similar to Class 2 but may include more features.
Class 1.0 is similar to Class 1 but may add V.34-fax capability.
Class 2.1 is similar to Class 2.0 but adds V.34-fax capability.

HylaFAX generally will have more features when using Class 1/1.0 than
when using most modems' Class 2 or Class 2.0 implementations.  Generally
any problems encountered in Class 1/1.0 can be resolved by modifications
to HylaFAX, but usually any problems encountered in Class 2/2.0/2.1 will
require the modem manufacturer to resolve it.

Use Class 1 unless you have a good reason not to.

The result of the AT+FCLASS=? command was:

ATQ0V1E1
OK
AT+FCLASS=?
0

OK

We were unable to deduce what type of modem you have.  This means that
it did not respond as a Class 1, Class 2, or Class 2.0 modem should.
If you believe that your modem conforms to the Class 1, Class 2, or
Class 2.0 interface specification, then check that the modem is
operating properly and that you can communicate with the modem from the
host.  If your modem is not one of the above types of modems, then this
software does not support it and you will need to write a driver that
supports it.

GFax reports: HylaFAX scheduler on john-desktop: Running  When I had hylaFAX up and running before the crash, GFax had another status line in the window. I don't recall what it was, but there's no second line there now.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and reconfigured hylaFAX a few times since the reinstall of the operating system, but get the same result. Any suggestions on how to proced? BTW, I'm running hylaFAX 4.4.4 and Gfax 0.7.6 on Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10.

Thanks John