Re: [hylafax-users] :-( Problem sending the fax.: format failed

Michael Hernandez wrote:
All of our outgoing faxes are PDF's. I have been having issues with certain PDF files not faxing. I have to print the problem PDF file to hardcopy, re-scan it to PDF with my scanner, and then it will be sent out successfully. I have not been able to pinpoint the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be happening based on the symptoms?

First, make sure that you're using the latest Ghostscript version.

Then, with any problem PDFs you can "see" what's going on by using Ghostscript's pdf2ps utility. With the latest Ghostscript installed run:

pdf2ps problematic.pdf foo.ps

You should see some output, and you should put that output along with the problematic.pdf onto http://bugs.ghostscript.com with a bug report.

Thanks,