[hylafax-users] AW: AW: Notification for send facsimile doesn t work properly

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Jens Lonkowski wrote:

> I read that too and I configured my client(WinPrint) to always notify.
> So I think that the log looks like Hylafax is trying to notify:
>
> FaxQueuer[8234]: SUBMIT JOB 22
> FaxQueuer[8234]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q22" "done" "0:36"
> FaxQueuer[8234]: NOTIFY exit status: 0 (8287)
>
> Or do these entries appear even when Hylafax doesn't notify the sender
> because the job is done successfully?
>
> Jens Lonkowski
>
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Jens Lonkowski wrote:
>
>> I just set up a Hylafax 4.4.4 on SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP2.
>>
>> Everything works fine but when I send facsimile I don't get a
>> notification.
>>

>> FaxQueuer[8234]: SUBMIT JOB 22
>>
>> FaxQueuer[8234]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q22" "done" "0:36"
>>
>> FaxQueuer[8234]: NOTIFY exit status: 0 (8287)
>>

>> But I don't get an e-mail.
>>

>> When I run /var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify "doneq/q22" "done" "0:36"
>> directly it works and I get my notification.
>>
>> But it won't do automatically although the log looks good (afaik).
>>

>> Best regards
>>
>> Jens Lonkowski
>>

> Use the -R or -D options to sendfax (see man sendfax) for
notifications.

> Without them, hylafax only notifies if problems occur.
>

> David Forrest                     e-mail   drf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Maple Park Development Corporation  http://www.maplepark.com
> St. Louis, Missouri

Yes, the log shows that bin/notify ran successfully with a result of 0.
But the script itself does not do any notification unless there is an
error or the -R or -D options are present.  You may be interested in the

second paragraph of this:
http://maplepark.com/~drf/consults/FaxServer.php

Dave

David Forrest                     e-mail   drf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maple Park Development Corporation  http://www.maplepark.com
St. Louis, Missouri

Hmm, I don't get it. I looked at the whole notify-script but I could not
find an area where the job status is checked to deliver the notification
or not. Your FaxNotify only says, when the status of the job is "done"
set the returnfiletype to pdf.
I did this for all jobs directly via the notify script, and it works
(when I start the script manually).

Even when I send a fax to a wrong number and the status of the fax is
requeued I don't get a notification.

And when I look at a job it says:

notify: when done+requeued

So I think I should get a notification when the job is done.

Jens