Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX not receiving faxes.

Dennis M. Linton wrote:
Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
* Ramon F. McDougall <rfm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [081125 21:26]:
Hi,

The reason I included that one is because my system did not create ttyS1. I thought that all those files are related somehow. I figured that if you have your ttyS1 for your serial device that it would write a corresponding file to event file. That makes it interesting even though the distributions are different the files are similar. I will edit mine tty1 and try to start that warlock faxgetty deamon.

Look at /etc/default/hylafax, where you "configure" HylaFAX service
start/stop/options in debian (and thus ubuntu). You tell it in there whether
you're runing faxgettys already from init (well, I guess in ubuntu you'll have
to figure it out in upstart/event.d), or if you want to make the rc.d script
start them for you.

You have to make sure your config matches your "init".

a.

Good stuff, Aidan... except that Ramon is running FC9. I had forgot about the faxgetty config in /etc/default/hylafax. I had specified that, if there is no faxgetty entry in /etc/initab (which there is not), then USE_FAXGETTY=yes. So there is a line around here somewhere that starts faxgetty.

Ramon, the active lines from my /etc/default/hylafax, in case it is of some use to you, are:

if grep -E '^[^#]*:respawn:/usr/sbin/fax(getty|modem).*$' /etc/inittab >/dev/null 2>&1
then
USE_FAXGETTY=init
else
USE_FAXGETTY=yes
fi
RUN_HYLAFAX=1

Note that there is nothing in my /etc/initab so USE_FAXGETTY=yes after processing this script.

Doesn't FC9 have some sort of package management system equivalent to apt or Synaptic or dpkg in Debian? You are in a bit of a jam if you cannot readily remove apps you do not want or which need to be re-installed.

Dennis

I'm hosed, I have an /etc/default but it does not have halafax in it. In regards to a package manager there is one but I thing it's for software/packages that came with the system not packages that were installed manually. I'm not really sure I am just a beginer.

Thanks Again,

Ramon