From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis M. Linton
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 10:10 PM
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Distinctive Ring Configuration Help Needed

Dennis M. Linton wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have Hylafax server and client with AvantFax setup and working
> except that I cannot get distinctive ring working - Hylafax either
> answers everything or nothing.
>
> Ubuntu 8.04 (Linux 2.6.24-21-generic)
> Hylafax 4.4.3 from Ubuntu 8.04 respositories
> Modem: AOpen FM56-EXV (Connexant) serial voice, fax, data modem.  This
> is an external modem and works charmingly with Linux.
>
> Distinctive ring reporting for this modem is DRON= and DROF=, only
> (see minicom session below).   The max  value for  AT+VDR=1,6.  I know
> that Hylafax is setting AT+VDR=1,6 because if I change this setting
> through minicom, restart Hylafax and then go back and check with
> minicom, the modem has been returned to AT+VDR=1,6 (the config.ttyS0
> spec).
>
> If I comment out DRingOn and DRingOff, Hylafax answers all calls;
> otherwise it answers no calls.  DistinctiveRings, NoAnswerVoice or
> ModemAnswerCmd commented or not makes no difference.
>
> <snip>
>
> I have over 25 hours in Googling and experimenting (had 13 Hylafax
> users threads open in my web browser at one point) but all to no
> avail.  Please, can someone offer some guidance?
>
> <snip,  snip>

As usual, I finally give up and ask for help and, within one hour solve
the problem on my own.

The solution?  I changed this:
RingsBeforeAnswer:    1
DRingOn:    DRON=
DRingOff:    DROF=
ModemResetCmds:    AT+VDR=1,6
DistinctiveRings:    F-5-4-10-5-5,F-5-4-10-5-4,V-18
RingFax: DRON=5
RingVoice: DRON=18
NoAnswerVoice:    true
ModemAnswerCmd:        AT+FCLASS=1;A