Re: [hylafax-users] Site-specific commands...

Marcin Giedz wrote:
In hfaxd there are some so called site-specific commands: ADDMODEM,
CONFIG, etc... I'm not sure if I understand these commands right but
also checked source code and didn't find nothing "special". Is the
command CONFIG suitable for dynamic creation config files for modems or
this is kind of "misunderstanding" ;)?

I'm asking because I'd like to have ability to create config files for
modems on-the-fly and found these commands but really don't know if they
are really what I'm looking for?

Without researching this answer in detail, and simply going off of what I recall and have pieced-together in my head over the years...

It seems that the intent of the site-specific commands such as ADDMODEM, CONFIG, etc. *were* indeed intended to allow full fax system administration from the hfaxd client (logged in with administrator privileges).

Whether or not those features actually work, however, is another story. I've never used them for such, and I don't know of any client program that actually attempts it.

Thanks,