[hylafax-users] DTMF

Hello.

I'm trying to detect DTMF from my fax machine.
I suspect that the dial tone pads on both my fax machines
are disabled after I press the fax start button, thereby preventing
me from entering DTMF tones to route the fax.

I've done the following experiment to confirm this suspicion:
I start a cu session:

root@EfaxServ:/var/spool/hylafax/etc# cu -l /dev/modem
Connected.
AT+FCLASS=8
OK
I start the fax transmission from my fax machine,
Answer the call manually via AT+VLS=1 and
enter dial tones from my fax :

RRAT+VLS=1
OK
cccccccccccc

As is evident from the cu session diagnostics, no dial tones are detected.

Does this prove that the dial tone pad is disabled after a the start button is pressed?
Are most fax machines this way?

I have two fax machines:
1. Brother MFC9700
2. Brother MFC 3820CN