Re: [hylafax-users] etc/FaxAccounting beeing ignored

On 14.10.2008 at 21:07 (hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> /tmp/FaxAccounting.<pid> to see what the matter is.  If the /tmp file is
> not being created then it means that FaxAccounting is not being executed
> at all for some reason... thus you'd want to verify your installation, etc.

No file /tmp/FaxAccounting.$$ has been created, so I backed up the
installation and installed Hylafax again from scratch and when it was
working I rewrote the Faxaccounting from scratch also. This time it
worked. Then I compared the two files and by chance I saw that the new
file was one byte larger than the old one, although it contained the
same single command line. Finally, I found out that there was an
"invisible" character right in the first line ("#!/bin/bash"). I have no
idea how it got in there, but the faxaccounting file is working now! :-)

--
Wolfgang Klein, DE - Paderborn       ,_,
PGP-Schlüssel per e-mail anfordern: (o,o) Request PGP key by e-mail: