Re: [hylafax-users] Fwd: Usr courier business cannot receive faxes

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 04:19:00 Fernando Henrique wrote:
> I have a USR813453C courier Business modem, latest firmware 2.3.15, using
> Hylafax 4.3.1-7 in a Debian 40r4a distro.
> I can send faxes, but cannot receive. Here goes my config.ttyS1 and a
> receive log:
> I tried almost any combination, Class 1, class 2.0, removed AT+FRS=n
> command, changed speed, changed flow control, etc.

I'll make this easy. Dump your modem and get a Multitech instead.

I recommend ZBA5634-V92 or ZBA5634-V-V92 (voice version). As a very useful
bonus these also support v.34 fax. If you buy a cheap used Multitech check
which model as some are only detected for fax class 2 by Hylafax.

I have used these Courier modems before for fax, and bottom line is they have
problems talking to some other modems.

The other option in the cheap and used category is GVC. But if you are willing
to spend US$140 get the Multitech, there is non better in external.

Michael