Re: [hylafax-users] protocol documentation

* Sonny To <son.c.to@xxxxxxxxx> [080922 16:10]:
> Hi,
> does anyone know where the hylafax protocol documentation is? I want
> to build a groovy client library.
> the hylafax protocol seems to be a super set of ftp protocol, but i
> can't seem to find detailed documentation on it.
>
> any pointers is much appreciated.

The "official" documentation is the source:
	http://git.hylafax.org/HylaFAX?a=blob;f=hfaxd/Parser.c%2B%2B;hb=master

It is a supserset of FTP (well, a mix of super/sub set, it doesn't quite
implement *all* of the FTP RFCs).

It has help available in the protocol:
	Trying 127.0.0.1...
	Connected to localhost.
	Escape character is '^]'.
	220 corn server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.5.CVS) ready.
	HELP USER
	214 Syntax: USER username

And another common way to explore the protocol is to use "verbose" mode
to the bundled utilities (sendfax, faxrm, faxwatch, faxalter, etc).

But there is no RFC of the protocol...

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103