[hylafax-users] WORKING! (was Configuring HylaFAX on Fedora 9 (upstart vs init))

Deepest thanks and appreciation to Aidan and Lee for helping me through the issues with HylaFAX on F9.

The final task was to make mail-to-recipient work, and I found the note where it says to create a /var/spool/hylafax/etc/FaxDispatch file with the information needed to convert the TIFF to PDF and mail it to the recipient.

What surprises me somewhat is that this all works on an HP laptop running Windows XP as a host and Fedora 9 as a VMware guest OS. The built-in modem on the laptop is one of those abominable Winmodems that normally won't work with Linux. However it seems that VMware's host abstraction layer does a pretty good job of making whatever modem is connected to the host appear like a Linux-compatible modem.

Now I can receive faxes on my laptop for a while, while I go about the process taking the real fax server off line, doing some much needed maintenance (it may need a new power supply), and upgrading it from FC6 to F9 with the latest stuff on it.

Thanks again, folks...