Re: [hylafax-users] Configuring HylaFAX on Fedora 9 (upstart vs init)

At 11:19 AM 9/20/2008, Lee Howard wrote:

I have it documented here at 2.2.5:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/install.php#ss2.2
<<<<<

Good afternoon, Lee.

Thanks for providing that.  I do have a question on the upstart ttyS0 file.

You show:

start on runlevel 2
start on runlevel 3
start on runlevel 4
start on runlevel 5

stop on runlevel 0

respawn
exec /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0

... and Aidan shows (slightly simplified version):

start on stopped rc2
start on stopped rc3
start on stopped rc4
start on stopped rc5

stop on runlevel 0
stop on runlevel 1
stop on runlevel 6

respawn
exec /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0

You show it starting on runlevels 2-5 and Aidan shows it stopping on everything else, after starting on "stopped rc2..5".  I have no idea what that "start on stopped rc(2...5)" is, and so far have not been able to find any documentation that explains it, not even on upstart.ubuntu.com which as best I can determine is the canonical upstart site.

So I guess my question is ... does it make any difference which one I use?

Thanks...

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions